Picture this: the warm sun is setting, you're laying on a soft blanket with a cold drink in hand, and a great local band is belting out some amazing original music. Outdoor concerts are a family-friendly and inexpensive way to celebrate summer in Hendricks County, and this year's schedule will not disappoint!
Concerts by the Creek return June 4 at the Washington Township Park Amphitheater (435 Whipple Lane). Hosted by Washington Township Parks & Recreation, Avon Parks & Recreation, and the Avon Chamber of Commerce, these concerts begin at 7pm. Admission and music are free, and food and drink vendors will be onsite. Here is the line-up:
- June 4: Living Proof
- July 9: Abby Normal
- August 6: Jai Baker 3
Brownsburg Parks & Recreation is proud to announce its line-up for Rock the Block, which occurs on Thursdays at 7pm at Arbuckle Commons (7249 Arbuckle Commons). Admission is free, and food and drinks will be available for purchase. Check out these diverse performers and drink vendors:
- June 3: Mike Whitlock; Rush Off Main
- June 17: Wayne Pennington; Books & Brews
- July 1: Damon Karl with Kelsi Marie; Rush Off Main
- July 15: Emily Ann Thompson; Books & Brews
- July 29: The Twilite Nites; Indy Beer Taps
- August 12: Chad Mills; Books & Brews
- August 26: Allison Victoria; Rush Off Main
- September 23: Chris Burch; Indy Beer Taps
A free concert sponsored by the Indiana Black Expo Summer Celebration will be held at the Lucas Oil Raceway (10267 E. Hwy 136) on July 16 at 6pm (gates open at 2pm). The extensive line-up includes Keith Sweat, Stephanie Mills, Dru Hill, and Kid Capri. VIP seating can be yours for just $50.
Evenings in Ellis is a free concert series hosted by Danville Parks & Recreation and the Town of Danville at the Ellis Park amphitheater (600 E Main St., north end). Shows begin at 7pm, and while the concerts are free to attend, VIP seating is available for purchase.
- June 11: The Warrior Kings
- July 9: Flip Flop Dave (Special event for 21+ adults only at the Gill Family Aquatic Center. Doors open at 6pm.)
- August 13: Mellencougar
The Downtown Danville Partnership is reprising the Summer Sounds on the Square Concert Series on the third Saturday of each month. Tickets are $10 for those 21+ and free for all others. Gates open at 7pm. Food and alcoholic beverages are available for purchase inside the venue.
- June 19: Cornfield Mafia
- July 17: Johnny DeVoe
- August 21: Hunter & Girton
- September 18: Levi Riggs
Bring the family out to Hummel Park (1500 S. Center) for three evenings of great, free music during the Hummel Park Concert Series! Food vendors will be onsite. Music begins at 7pm.
- June 5: Indianapolis Jazz Orchestra
- July 24: Cook & Belle
- August 14: Big Rosco & The Hammers